Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Chad Henry


Emergence
collage on paper
6" x 6" 2015


Samhain
collage on paper
6" x 6" 2015

Levitating in Tacoma
collage on paper
6" x 6" 2015


Suddenly Last Summer
collage on paper
6" x 6" 2015


Artist Statement
When I think of dreams, I think of the weirdly surreal images and events that take place in my sleep every night. I also vividly remember Ingmar Bergman films, and even horror movies, that can have such strangely artistic and disorienting effects. Most of my dreams involve humans, so human figures take center stage in this little series--and since most of these images have NOT shown up in my actual dreams, I am literally imagining my dreams. I kept this work pretty simple--not too many layers, not too many techniques, beyond cut and paste. I enjoy the outcome though, and the process, which is part intuitive and part plan.

Bio
Chad Henry has been making art since childhood. He continues to take classes in Denver in painting and collage, and is a member of Sync Gallery on Denver's Santa Fe Drive arts district. He has been making collages in various styles for several years, and has taken workshops with Jonathan Talbot, Katherine Chang Liu, and Cecil Touchon, among others. He likes to continue taking classes to keep the work happening!